For the Website Specifically
- The protection of your personal data is very important for us. Thus, your personal data will be dealt with in a highly sensitive way. The general conditions are based on the provisions of the Swiss Data Protection Act (Schweizerisches Datenschutzgesetz (DSG)). Technical and organizational measures are used to ensure that we fully comply with data protection rules and regulations at all times.
- With their registration, the participants agree that their provided data will be processed and used for the event execution and the sending of conference information by the University of St.Gallen. Your personal data will not be passed on to third parties except regarding participant management to the by us authorized company LM IT Services AG, Rheiner Landstrasse 189, D-49078 Osnabrück. This consent may be withdrawn for future adoption at any time by notifying the University of St.Gallen via email@example.com
- We can provide no guarantee for the safe transfer of data via the Internet; in transferring data by email in particular, as there is the risk of third-party access.
Data Privacy Statement for the Use of Facebook Plug-Ins (Like Button)
- In principle, you can visit our website without having to providing any personal information.
Whenever users access websites of the University of St.Gallen, data about this process is saved in a protocol file. This concerns the following data:
- name of the accessed file
- date and time of the access
- volume of transmitted data
- notification whether access was successful
- IP address, browser if applicable
Data is stored for one week and is used for purposes of identifying and tracing illegal accesses. A statistical data evaluation takes place with an anonymous version of the data, which does not allow for backtracing of the IP address any longer.
Our websites use plug-ins of the social network Facebook, 1601 South California Avenue, Palo Alto, CA 94304, USA. You can recognize Facebook plug-ins by their Facebook logo or “like button“ (“Gefällt mir”) on our website. You can find an overview of the Facebook plug-ins here: http://developers.facebook.com/docs/plugins/.
If you visit our websites, the plug-in will create a direct connection between your browser and the Facebook server. Thereby, Facebook obtains the information that you visited our website with your IP address. If you click on the Facebook “like button” while being logged into your Facebook account, you can create a link to the contents of our websites on your Facebook profile. Thus, Facebook is able to match the visit of our websites to your user account. We would like to point out that as providers of the websites, we are not informed about the content of the transmitted data or their usage by Facebook. For further information, refer to the data privacy statement of Facebook at http://de-de.facebook.com/policy.php
If you do not want Facebook to match the visit of our websites to your Facebook user account, please log out of your Facebook account.
Data Privacy Statement for the Use of Google Analytics
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses so-called "cookies", text files that are saved on your computer and which allows an analysis of the use of the website by you. Cookie-generated information about your use of this website is usually passed on to a Google server in the USA and saved there. In case of activating the IP anonymization on this website, your IP address will be shortened before by Google within the member states of the European Union or other contracting states to the Agreement of the European Economic Area.
The full IP address will only in exceptional cases be passed on to a Google server in the USA and shortened there. Google will use this information on behalf of the operator of this website to evaluate your use of the website, to compile reports on website activities, and to provide other services in connection with website use and Internet use for the operator of the website. The IP address passed on from your browser as part of Google Analytics will not be combined with other data of Google.
You can prevent these cookies from being saved by changing the respective settings of you browser; we would like to point out that if you do so, you might not be able to fully use all functions of this website. In addition, you can prevent the acquisition of data the cookie generates about your use of the website (including your IP address) by Google and their processing of this data by downloading and installing the available browser plug-in via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de .
You can prevent Google Analytics from acquiring data by clicking on the following link. An opt-out cookie will be set which will prevent future acquisition of your data when visiting this website: Deactivate Google Analytics
If any of the provisions or formulations concerning this data privacy statement are or become invalid, the other sections remain unaffected in their content and validity.
Quellen: Data Privacy Statement for Facebook,
Terms of Google Analytics